Boost your path towards success with IT Industry
With the top SQL Course, open up new employment opportunities
SQL Data Course
- Discover new work opportunities with the top SQL positions.
- ⌸Data Scientist/Data Analyst
- ⌸Business Analysts/Business Intelligence Developer
- ⌸Software Developer
- ⌸Software Engineer
- ⌸Database Architect
- ⌸Database Administrator
What is SQL?
SQL is a language to operate databases; it includes Database Creation, Database Deletion, Fetching Data Rows, Modifying & Deleting Data rows, etc.
The programming language SQL is used to store and process data in relational databases. In a relational database, data is stored in tabular form, with rows and columns denoting various data qualities and the relationships between the values of those attributes. To store, update, remove, search for, and retrieve data from the database, utilize SQL statements. SQL can also be used to optimize and maintain database performance.
Why is SQL important?
All different kinds of programming commonly use the well-liked query language known as structured query language (SQL). SQL is a popular programming language among data analysts and developers because it interfaces well with other programming languages. For instance, they can integrate SQL queries into Java programming Language to create high-performance data processing applications using popular SQL database systems like Oracle or MS SQL Server. Due to its use of standard English vocabulary in its statements, SQL is also fairly simple to understand.
Some of the most commonly used and important SQL commands are:
- SELECT – To extract data from a database.
- INSERT INTO – To insert new data into a database.
- UPDATE – To update data in a database.
- DELETE – To delete data from a database.
- CREATE TABLE – To create a new table.
- ALTER TABLE – To modify a table.
- DROP TABLE – To delete a table (use this one with absolute caution!).
- What is SQL?
- Purpose of SQL
- What are the subsets of SQL? Data Definition Language
- Data Manipulation Language
- Data Control Language
- SQL vs. NoSQL
- What is a Database?
- Database Objects
- Database Tables
- Table Records
- Types of Database Management Systems
- Relational Database Management Systems
- SQL/Relational Databases vs. No SQL Databases
- Download MS SQL Server or Oracle or MySQL Database Engine
- Install. Launch SQL Server Management Studio
- Select New Query
- launch SQL Query
- Type SQL Commands and Execute.
- Focus on SQL Syntax
- SQL keywords
- SQL is not case sensitive
- SQL Comments
- SQL Commands
- writing SQL Statements.
- SQL Numeric data types
- Date and Time data types
- Character and String data types
- Unicode character string data types
- Binary data types
- Miscellaneous data types.
- SQL Arithmetic Operators
- Comparison Operators
- Logical Operators
- Bitwise Operators
- Clauses in SQL are similar to conditionals in high-level languages. We have a large variety in the SQL clauses like the Where clause, Union Clase, Order By clause, etc.
- The SQL Joins clause is used to combine records from two or more tables in a database. A JOIN is a means for combining fields from two tables by using values common to each.
- Views in SQL are kind of virtual tables. A view also has rows and columns as they are in a real table in the database. We can create a view by selecting fields from one or more tables present in the database.
- SQL Boolean Expression
- SQL Numeric Expression
- SQL Date Expression
- SQL Comments, Comments are used to explain sections of SQL statements
- to prevent the execution of SQL statements. Single-Line Comments
- Multi-line Comments
- SQL Data Definition Language Commands
- Create Alter
- Drop Truncate and Rename Data Definition Language Operations
- Create a Database Use Database
- Rename a Database
- Drop Database
- Create a Table Rename Table
- Add a Column to exiting Table
- Add multiple columns to existing Table
- Modify an existing column, Rename a Column
- Drop a Column
- Truncate a Table
- Drop a Table
- Data Manipulation Language Operations
- Retrieving data from a table
- Inserting data into a table
- Updating existing data into a table
- Deleting all records from a table.
- DCL includes commands such as GRANT and REVOKE which mainly deal with the rights
- other controls of the database system.
- SQL has many built-in functions for performing calculations on data
- SQL Aggregate Functions
- SQL String Functions
- SQL Date Functions SQL Scalar functions.
A Query is used to traverse over some data that may be of small or large quantity to find the needed information.
A Subquery is a type of query which is written inside another query. A subquery becomes a part of a larger query. A subquery is also called INNER QUERY OR NESTED QUERY.
- An index is a schema object. It is used by the server to speed up the retrieval of rows by using a pointer. It can reduce disk I/O(input/output) by using a rapid path access method to locate data quickly.
- SQL injection, also known as SQLI, is a common attack vector that uses malicious SQL code for backend database manipulation to access information that was not intended to be displayed. This information may include any number of items, including sensitive company data, user lists, or private customer details.